Dash is a logging loco along with his twin Bash, work on Misty Island.
Dash and Bash are mischievous twins who always finish each others sentences. They are playful and eager but get things wrong because they don't have any rules on Misty Island. Dash is a logging loco and runs on oil and wood. 
They were sent to Misty Island along with Ferdinand for not behaving and being really useful whilst working on the Mainland, and because the engines have no rules to abide by on Misty Island, they live for fun and play. Very little work was done until Thomas landed there, and taught the twins that being really useful can be fun too. Dash later tried to show how fast he could go but he had an accident rounding a bend and was derailed and he was stuck there for ages well that was until Thomas and Bash arrived with Rocky to help put him back on the rails. When he was sent to work at the Blue Mountain Quarry, Dash wanted to prove how strong he was to Paxton the diesel but he had an accident whilst shunting heavy crates and he fell on his side and Sir Handel went to get Rocky to help him back on his wheels. Dash then became best friends with Belle the new brave engine.
Basis EditBash and Dash are based on the Bear Harbor Lumber Company's locomotive #1. This type of engine is known as a "gypsy". However, their gearing is on their backs instead of their fronts and their cabs appear much sturdier, as opposed to the "open" cab that their real life counterpart possesses.
Voice Actors Edit
- Keith Wickham (UK; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- William Hope (US; Misty Island Rescue onwards)
- Bash and Dash can run on either wood or oil.
- Bash and Dash are the only standard gauge engines in the television series without buffers.
- Dash has freckles, whereas Bash doesn't.
- Bash and Dash are the only engines that have their wheels on the outside of their chassis'. Perhaps because of this, their wheels don't appear to be attached to their underframes.
- Bash and Dash are modified for running on British rail lines. They have screwlink couplings and have been built to run on standard gauge, whereas the real "gypsy" was narrow gauge.
|North Western Railway|
|Thomas • Edward • Henry • Gordon • James • Percy • Toby • Duck • Donald • Douglas • Oliver • Barry • The Red Engine • Bill • Ben • Diesel • Daisy • BoCo • Bear • Mavis • The Works Diesel • Pip • Emma • Peel Godred Engines|
|Harvey • Emily • Fergus • Arthur • Murdoch • Molly • Neville • Rosie • Whiff • Billy • Stanley • Hank • Flora • Hiro • Victor • Charlie • Bash • Dash • Ferdinand • Scruff • Belle • Derek • Diesel 10 • Iron 'Arry • Iron Bert • Salty • Dennis • Den • Dart • Sidney • Paxton • Norman • Flynn • Winston • Stafford|